Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baby Boy and Baseball!


23 Weeks along and did I mention the Giants are kicking booty in the World Series!?! Or the World Serious and my nephew calls it!
*Note! I fixed the ultrasound video on my last blog so if you want to go back to the old blog and watch it, it should be running!

So everyone knows the stories of crazy pregnancy craving.  Sending husband to the store at 3 o’clock in the morning to pick up ice cream and pickles, but for me this has just not been the case…UNTIL LAST WEEK.  So I’ve blogged before about how I really enjoy grapes but it has never been to the point to where I’m going to cry if I don’t have any in the house.  Carlos has been waiting for the “real” cravings to kick in any minute knowing he is going to be at the grocery store in his pajamas in the middle of the night.  That part doesn’t bother him, however, his biggest fear has been, what will I crave? Well my friends we have figured that out. 

It all started with my wonderful cousin-in-law Jessica who is also pregnant and works in a bakery.  This cruel women sends me pictures of what decadent creation she has created that day, while I am teaching my wonderful 13 year-olds why its not ok to lick somebody’s face and stick paper to it.  So a few weeks ago she sends me a picture of these beautiful chocolate covered strawberries, now I am a fan of chocolate covered strawberries any day of the week but prego Megan is a whole different story.  I sent a text to Carlos telling him “I need chocolate covered strawberries”, not that I wanted them, that I NEED them.  This wonderful man ended up finding the one place in town that makes them and had them for me in the car when I go off of work! Brownie points for hubby!

But now the chocolate strawberries have gone to another level! Now I NEED chocolate covered strawberries with cannolis.  Now Carlos is good at finding where to get these random foods, but living in Delano cannolis is just not going to happen.  So my weekends have been spend baking these bad boys to hold me over until we go out of town and I can just buy one.  But here’s the deal.  Cannolis take a lot of time, oil, and frankly are just not that great for you, so I have come to a compromise.  Instead of frying the cannolis with the tube shapes like I normally would, I back them in to mini pie shells.  And since I have had a ton of people as me how to do this I am going to show you how its done.

First off, I normally make my own dough, but lets face it, it takes a lot of time and it is meant to be fried.  So here is what you do. Buy the Pillsbury pie crust (Papa’s best friend) and roll it out.  Sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar and use a cookie cutter to cut circles.

Place the circle in a cupcake pan and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. 

When you are done fill them with cannoli cream (now that I am not telling you how I make, you can find a recipe online).

These bad boys, with chocolate covered strawberries, are the only thing that I will get tears in my eyes if I can’t get.  Carlos is so happy that my craving is something delicious that he also enjoys.  
So now that I have expressed how strongly I feel about cannolis and strawberries here is a little baby update. The doctor says everything is looking great and we have a happy healthy boy.  Now that we know the gender the real fun has begun.  Carlos and I have started collecting superhero decorations for the room, and I have been knitting up a storm.  But the real addiction is onesies! My mom found these wonderful Batman and Superman onesies! The blue one with the Superman symbol is Carlos' favorite.
 Now I know that we are really into the superhero thing and Carlos is so proud collecting comics and planning costumes, but I have fallen in love with some of the more traditional little boy outfits.  For example I am head over heals for anything dinosaurs!
Now back to the "cool" kid stuff.  We have also collected our favorite sports teams onesies.
But my favorite thing so far has been his onesie that I will probably bring him home in because February is still pretty cold here.
So here is an update on the prego survey!!!

How far along? Today I am 23 weeks! Gettin Big!
Maternity Cloths? The two maternity work pants I bought are great, but I still haven't bought any tops.  Maybe in a few more weeks.
Stretch Marks? Belly is still stretch mark free! I'm worried I'm going to get that weird line that goes down the middle of your belly though.
Sleep: Baby is still pretending to be Bruce Lee all night long.  I knew I shouldn't have watch Way of the Dragon with the Palomos when it was on TV, but the Chuck Norris fight scene is classic!
Best moment this week: Carlos can finally feel him kicking! He used to feel him just kind of roll around but know they are already play fighting. Watching them is the best!
Have you told family and friends? Yes and everyone has been amazing! Thank you for all your love and support!
Missing Anything: Coffee.  I have tried to compromise with hot chocolate, but lets face it! Starbucks holiday drinks are calling my name!
Movement: Yes! All day and all night. This kid never sleeps!
Food Cravings: I think we can all answer this one.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The ovaphobia is back (fear of eggs).
Have you started to show yet? Oh yes! We had twin day at work and one of my coworkers dressed as me and stuffed his belly! It was great!
Gender: Beautiful baby BOY!!!
Symptoms: Back pain has been the biggest thing.
Labor Signs: No! Way to early for that
Belly Button in or out? In, but looking a little weird because of my old surgery scar
Wedding ring on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am extremely happy and excited I just tend to get tired pretty fast these days.  
Looking forward to: Grandpa Ruben is building baby a toy box and Carlos is refinishing my families rocking chair.  I can't wait to see how those turn out.  
Words from Chuck: The cravings have been great! Every time she makes cannolis she makes me a pie. I like how I can feel baby Chuck kick and we play every morning! Go Giants!!!

The next blog should have some updates on the nursery! I can't wait to start putting it all together.  Auntie Bob Bob has been crafting ups a storm so maybe she will get a chance to come help out too! 

GO GIANTS!!! GAME 4 TONIGHT!!!!





1 comment:

  1. I like cannolis!!!! GIANTS WON THE WORLD SERIOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete